One for Life course - differences between Standard and Interactive courses
Standard and Interactive – for both courses
- Both courses follow the same 2=1 format of having up to 7 couples in a course including the leaders. These courses can be run in a home, online or a mixture of both.
- Both courses have 8 lessons. These lessons cover the same material and have the same titles.
- Both courses have online manuals as well as paper ones available in English.
- It is the same price for both courses. The standard price is £30 per person including an online manual, with the option to purchase a paper manual too for an extra £15. The concessionary price is £20 per person including an online manual, with the option to purchase a paper manual too for an extra £15.
- Both courses have written homework entitled Hitting Home.
- A graduation meeting follows both courses, often shared with other groups as these courses are often taken with one or few couples.
Standard course only (OFLs)
- The course lessons are taught by the course leaders each week at the meeting session.
- The manual is black and white, with few diagrams or pictures.
- For the first three weeks the discussion time is gender separated.
- At the discussion time, the previous week’s lesson is discussed.
- The Hitting Home (homework) is all listed at the end of each lesson.
Interactive course only (OFLi)
- There is a ‘minus one’ lesson week which is an introduction to the course before the 8 lessons. There are online tests for the couples to do prior to the start of the course (Five Love Languages, Personality and Spiritual Giftings)
- The couples study the lesson material and discuss it as a couple together, also completing the written homework prior to attending the sessions.
- For the first three weeks the ‘getting to know myself’ discussion time is gender separated.
- The manual is full colour with many diagrams and pictures.
- The weekly session is mainly a discussion time led by the Group Leaders and Leaders in Training, with teaching input as necessary from them, plus personal examples about the lesson the couples studied.
- The Hitting Home (homework) is spliced throughout the lesson.